Monday, September 04, 2006

Kenting Trip...

Hello People,

I hope all are doing well and that times are fun (asside from the fact that the crocodile hunter died yesterday). I am doing well over here in Taiwan. I have begun the fall schedule and am less busy than when I was doing overtime during the summer....things have slowed down a little and it is good. In fact, today is Tuesday. On Tuesdays, I don't have to show up to the school until 4:00 in the evening. I then prep for an hour, teach from 5:00 to 7:00, then am finished for the day. Good times if you want to catch up on some work (which is what I am doing now) or do other things not related to school....such as go to the dentist. So, so far, things are going good. I will see how the next few months are with the new schedule.

The second week I was here, the school was closed and everyone had a holiday for a week. Some of the new teachers all went to Kenting for a couple of days. This is a beach/tourist town on the southern part of the island. It was a fun and hot time in the sun. Below are several pics of those days. Enjoy, and I should have pics of my school/classes in my next blog. Later friends.....Jonathan


Waiting for the bus...



When I was waiting for the bus, someone placed this budda/idol next to me. It looked as if I had my arm around it and loved it dearly.....not the case....but a cool looking idol...

Sitting in the back of the bus....hot above the engine...will never sit in the back again...

The hostil we stayed in...

Courtyard of the hostile...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jon! Those pictures are amazing! Looks like a ton of fun. And lots of people there to hang out with and such. Glad you're keeping in touch... I miss you tons!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Natalie Jill said...

Wow! Looking good Jon!

www.sallynat.blogspot.com

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home