Friday, April 06, 2007

Cambodia (Siem Reap)

So, after leaving Phnom Phen I flew to Siem Reap. This was a much more laid back city and touristy. I enjoyed it very much. Also, it is the home of Angkor Wat. What is this you say??? Well, it is the largest of temples made in Cambodia. It was built during the Classical Age and is surrounded by many other temples and cities built many years before. I won't get into a history lesson, but, if you get the chance you should read up on Cambodia's history.....very interesting. Also, you may have seen Angkor Wat in the first Tomb Raider movie with Angelina Jolie. There were also some shots of many smaller temples and ...........the Temple that is being filled in by the forest. I have many shots of my time here in Siem Reap, however, there are none posted here on my blog; too many to upload. It was easier done by putting them in a web album. So, click on the link at the bottom of this post and you will be directed to my Picasa albums. Click on the Siem Reap album, select slideshow, and enjoy. Peace out my people....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home