Saturday, June 16, 2007

Singapore!

Hello all,

I hope you are doing well and that you have made it through the cold winter. I have been doing well....I am in a state of denial that the salmon are starting their way up the river and I am not there to tempt them with one of my self-made salmon flies. I'm sure if they knew I wasn't there and over here, they would have made their way up the river earlier, with less worries on their mind.....

So, I won't be home for the season of fly fishing, however, there is a season for everything....I'm over here now and may never get the chance again, so I will enjoy myself while I'm here. On that note, I was to Singapore about a month ago and had a fabulous time. I got there on a Thursday afternoon and hung around the downtown area. In the night I went to see Phantom of the Opera in the Esplande Theater on the waterfront. The next day, I went to the zoo in the afternoon and had an awesome time.....I love animals. In the night I went on a night safari.....very cool! On Saturday I spent the day going around the city, taking pictures of the sites and going to the markets.....I'm not one for shopping for silk, bags, shoes, and necklaces....but it was cool to go around the area. I spent the rest of the day at the waterfront. In the night I got to go see A Midsummer Night's Dream on the edge of the forest in one of the parks in the city......another great experience. I ended off my trip by going to Long Bar in Raffles Hotel. It is where the Singapore Sling was invented and a good place to listen to a live band and hang out.....

I got home on Sunday with no food poisoning and got put up to first class on the flight back, so everything went smoothly......

Below is the link to my photo albums. Just click on the Singapore album and watch the slideshow......

Have a good day......

"The Gecko" should be posted tomorrow.....

Jonathan....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home